Assistant Store Manager - Edmonton Trail
Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager will report to the Store Manager and is responsible for providing assistance to the store management team in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store according to set goals and business objectives. Daily operations include staff scheduling, supervision and management, customer satisfaction, product quality assurance, store maintenance, and health and safety compliance.
- Provide assistance to store management in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store.
- Oversee the responsibilities of the Store Manager in their absence.
- Assist in the delivery of key personnel management, such as interviews, promotions, performance reviews and disciplinary actions, only when requested.
- Provide direction, guidance and instruction to all store associates as required.
- Ensure store conditions are consistently upheld to established standards.
- Assist in creating weekly staffing schedules; ensuring staffing levels adequately meet business needs, only when requested.
- Liaise constantly with the various departments of the store to ensure information is conveyed properly and expectations are communicated.
- Greet and assist customers in a way that models exemplary conduct to other staff.
- Ensure company policies and relevant legislation are consistently adhered to and upheld by all staff members.
- Handle customer complaints as they arise, escalating to the appropriate individual as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all health, safety and security regulations are adhered to and required standards are met
- Oversee and assist in inventory management.
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of high school and College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training required
- Demonstrated service orientation required.
- Must have QCW and Sell safe certification – mandatory.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the retail industry required.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a supervisory role in a retail environment required.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate staff required.
- Skills to monitor and assess staff performance required.
- Basic office administration skills required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Thorough understanding of applicable health and safety legislation.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Able to work in various temperatures.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, weekends and evenings may be required