Area Manager - Saskatchewan
Reports to Retail District Manager
The Area Manager will be responsible for the retail operations of stores under the High Tide umbrella, supervising multiple projects by managing numerous supervisors / store managers, leading and supervising multiple projects by managing numerous store managers and direct reports, as well as assuming a role acting as an intermediary between field operations and management, providing leadership, knowledge, direction and goals for Store Managers and their teams. The Area Manager shall also hold responsibilities for the achievement of aggressive operations goals and targets, focusing on high levels of customer satisfaction and overall sales performance. Required to be a self-starter and able to work both independently and in a group setting while demonstrating a high level of accountability.
- Ensures that the store operations understands and believes in the company's goals and mission statement. Makes sure all employees are working towards a common company objective.
- Responsible for company monthly and weekly revenue and profit projections.
- Oversees Store Managers to ensure that daily and weekly staff schedules are in direct relation to daily, weekly revenue.
- Review monthly sales backlog and develop strategies and time frames in order to determine when the backlogs will be completed.
- Gives prompt and proper direction to field supervisors as needed.
- Provide leadership and support for supervisors to enable them to properly manage their employees in order to drive results and achieve top performance.
- Assumes responsibility for job profitability.
- Develop a positive working relationship with clients to accomplish and aid the company mission.
- Adheres and enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Attends branch meetings as required.
- Writes reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years in the retail Industry
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, e-mail software and use of the Internet.
- The candidate must be well spoken and have the ability to speak clearly and confidently in all business settings. The ability to conduct and reside over corporate meetings.
- The ability to read, understand and calculate banking figures such as; discounts, interest rates, percentages and commission etc. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- The ability to delegate, set expectations and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- Motivate, inspire, provide and accept feedback to and from employees.
- The prioritization skills necessary to use time effectively and set action plans to achieve business targets.
- The individual takes responsibility for subordinates' activities, makes self available to staff, provides regular performance feedback, develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- The role requires significant travel throughout Saskatchewan, must have a valid drivers license and vehicle.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality candidates