Retail Store Manager
This position is for East Village and Highland Park - Calgary.
The Retail Store Manager is responsible for the daily operations and profitability of the establishment according to set goals and business objectives. Daily operations include staff management, customer satisfaction, neat product presentation, inventory management and carrying out seasonal changes and promotional activities.
- Greet and assist customers in a manner that models exemplary conduct to other staff.
- Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
- Ensure that all health, safety and security regulations are adhered to and required standards are met.
- Maintain adequate stock through efficient inventory management.
- Take inventory as scheduled and provide inventory reports.
- Increase sales, expand markets, and promote business to meet given goals within provided guidelines.
- Verify invoices against packaging slips and track all expenditures.
- Make sure that merchandise is always presented neatly and that items are priced correctly.
- Make sound business decisions when buying large quantities with volume based discounts.
- Provide management with required sales, staff and other assigned productivity reports.
- Hold staff accountable for cash box deficits.
- Balance sales, print and record receipts as well as track revenue daily.
- Make bank deposits daily and reconcile bank statements.
- Contribute, coordinate and execute the process of ordering and receiving cannabis and accessories
- Supervise all staff in the establishment and coordinate work to ensure productive operations at all hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school and College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
- Valid QCW/Sell Safe certification is mandatory to work in a Cannabis store in Alberta.
- Minimum of 5 year work experience in a supervisory role in a retail environment.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Management experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate staff.
- Skills to monitor and assess staff performance.
- Basic office administration skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Able to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to sales software quickly.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential. Meticulous records maintenance skills