Retail Store Manager - Vancouver
Our retail Cannabis Retail Store Manager (SM) is vital to delivering a distinctive shopping experience. The SM is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with the company management and to manage, maintain and supervise day-to-day retail operations activities at the retail store location.
Sales Associate Support:
- Help hire great people, supervise and manage employees and ensure all employees have a valid Selling It Right license.
- Motivate and inspire team members to be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and hardworking
- Coach team members and provide positive and constructive feedback so that they grow professionally
- Train all team members on work procedures and policies so that everyone understands what's required to do a great job
- Maintain written SOPs as changes to policy and/or regulations occur and ensure compliance among team
- Assist in building a weekly staff schedule that complies with labor policies
- Be accessible and extremely responsive to all team member's questions, suggestions, and concerns and help resolve any team member conflicts
- Achieve high scores on the following measures related to Sales Associate Support - high retention of top talent and high team engagement scores
- Strong ability to lead by example and work with staff to deal with any circumstances that may arise in a high volume retail store.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Own all customer feedback and provide customer/patient complaint resolution in coordination with the head office procedures.
- Provide complaint resolution to ensure satisfaction of all customers and patients
- Utilize customer and team member feedback to readily implement changes to improve the customer experience
- Execute Cannabis selling strategies through collaboration with marketing (operator licensee) related to incentives, displays, internal and external promotion
- Recommend future promotions and ways to increase sales trends by understanding the success of previous incentives and promotions
- View sales reports and communicate with the team to identify sales trends and potential inventory requirements
- Track all employee and store sales daily to ensure optimal performance
- Analyze core metrics to better understand store performance in order to beat and exceed goals
- Utilize approved employee incentives to drive sales and boost morale
- Achieve high scores on the following measures related to Sales and Customer Service - meet or exceed monthly store revenue and gross margin goals and maintain a high score on all social media customer reviews
Daily Store Operations:
- Maintain store compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, Organize and communicate all required reporting, paperwork, and state tracking system recording
- Assist LCRB with inventory, sales, and compliance audits
- Perform all daily opening and closing procedures
- Implement and oversee security, reporting and cash management procedures related to opening and closing the store
- Ability to make schedules for staff and work on creating a sound work environment.
- Be responsible for facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including proper up-keep of the phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock, and supplies.
- Ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked at all times
- Keep track of all expiring products and promote sales as needed
- Coordinate with management and senior leadership to perform daily/monthly/yearly inventory audits and reconciliations
- Ensure all expired/damaged/returned product is logged and disposed of according to regulations
- Assist in receiving and ensuring that all wholesale deliveries are compliant and accurate compared to invoices, etc.
- Provide daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the team members as needed
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosures
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Must have Selling It Right Certification.
- Must provide a copy of clean Criminal Background Check prior to start date.
- Minimum of 5-6+ years work experience in the retail industry.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a supervisory role in a retail environment.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Management experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate staff.
- Skills to monitor and assess staff performance.
- Basic office administration skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Able to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to sales software quickly.
- Must be available for shift work any time according to business needs, Monday to Sunday.
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends and different locations
- Demonstrated ability to implement PR and advertising campaigns.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
*To get your Selling It Right Licence please visit-