Assistant Store Manager - Vancouver
Our retail Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is vital to delivering a distinctive shopping experience. The ASM is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with the SM and company management and to manage, maintain and supervise day-to-day retail operations activities at the retail store location.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to store management in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store.
- Oversee the responsibilities of the Store Manager in their absence.
- Assist in the delivery of key personnel management, such as interviews, promotions, performance reviews and disciplinary actions, only when requested.
- Provide direction, guidance and instruction to all store associates as required.
- Ensure store conditions are consistently upheld to established standards.
- Assist in creating weekly staffing schedules; ensuring staffing levels adequately meet business needs, only when requested.
- Liaise constantly with the various departments of the store to ensure information is conveyed properly and expectations are communicated.
- Greet and assist customers in a way that models exemplary conduct to other staff.
- Ensure company policies and relevant legislation are consistently adhered to and upheld by all staff members.
- Handle customer complaints as they arise, escalating to the appropriate individual as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all health, safety and security regulations are adhered to and required standards are met
- Oversee and assist in inventory management.
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of high school and College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training required
- Demonstrated service orientation required.
- Must have valid Selling It Right certification
- Must provide a copy of clean Criminal Background Check prior to start date.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in the retail industry required.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a supervisory role in a retail environment required.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate staff required.
- Skills to monitor and assess staff performance required.
- Basic office administration skills required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy.
- Must be available for shift work any time according to business needs, Monday to Sunday.
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends and different locations
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Thorough understanding of applicable health and safety legislation.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience and learning
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*To get your Selling It Right Licence please visit-