Retail Field Trainer
Retail Field Trainer
Canna Cabana is looking for a passionate, Field Trainer to educate our sales staff and store teams using various methods, like coaching, virtual sessions, and interactive activities and be a part of the retail success team.
Location - Calgary, Alberta
- Assess, develop, implement, and monitor training programs, organization-wide
- Apply various training techniques (e.g., virtual, auditory, tactile, one-on-one, group, etc.)
- Organize role-playing activities to simulate difficult client and employee cases (e.g., how to overcome objections, hard coaching conversations, documentation and development, etc.)
- Conduct onboarding training sessions for new hires for all store level positions.
- Teach presentation and persuasion techniques to new hires and existing employees.
- Educate store teams to provide consistent results in sales generation, human resources, visual merchandising, operations, compliance, and loss prevention
- Work with management staff and retail operations to determine training gaps
- Evaluate outsourced training options to determine the best decision for High Tide
- Keep up to date with changes in the field of training and development by attending seminars, workshops, webinars, etc. for continuous learning opportunities
- Maintain ongoing records of training education and reference materials provided
- Provide ongoing coaching to the training and development team
- Travel to retail locations as and when required for new store openings and other training needs
- Provide operational assistance to Area, District, and Training Leaders when requested or needed
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have the following:
- Minimum 5 yrs of solid retail work experience, with a focus on training and development
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of cannabis field and accessories
- Experience recruiting, developing, and promoting internal and external employees
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws, policies, and conflict resolution
- Ability to develop and implement successful and effective training and development programs and activities
- Ability to motivate employees to achieve sales quotas and operational expectations
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to design and implement different forms of training and development
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and LMS (Learning Management System) are required,
- Availability to travel and visit our retail stores, as needed
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience, and learning
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.