Retail Assistant Store Manager - 111th Ave
The Assistant Store Manager will report to the Store Manager and is responsible for providing assistance to the store management team in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store according to set goals and business objectives. Daily operations include staff scheduling, supervision and management, customer satisfaction, product quality assurance, store maintenance, and health and safety compliance.
- Provide assistance to store management in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store.
- Oversee the responsibilities of the Store Manager in their absence.
- Assist in the delivery of key personnel management, such as interviews, promotions, performance reviews and disciplinary actions, only when requested.
- Provide direction, guidance and instruction to all store associates as required.
- Ensure store conditions are consistently upheld to established standards.
- Assist in creating weekly staffing schedules; ensuring staffing levels adequately meet business needs, only when requested.
- Liaise constantly with the various departments of the store to ensure information is conveyed properly and expectations are communicated.
- Greet and assist customers in a way that models exemplary conduct to other staff.
- Ensure company policies and relevant legislation are consistently adhered to and upheld by all staff members.
- Handle customer complaints as they arise, escalating to the appropriate individual as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all health, safety and security regulations are adhered to and required standards are met
- Oversee and assist in inventory management.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have QCW and Sell safe certification – mandatory.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the retail industry required.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a supervisory role in a retail environment required.
- Demonstrated service orientation required.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate staff required.
- Skills to monitor and assess staff performance are required.
- Basic office administration skills required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy.
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Thorough understanding of applicable health and safety legislation.
- A professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Ability to work any shift based on business needs, Monday to Sunday.
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends and different location.
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience and learning
- Unlimited bonus earning potential
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
QCW / SellSafe License is mandatory for working at any cannabis store. To get QCW license please visit -https://aglc.ca/cannabis/working-cannabis-industry/requirements-retail-staff