Assistant Store Manager - Muskoka
Our retail Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is vital to delivering a distinctive shopping experience. The ASM is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with the SM and company management and to manage, maintain and supervise day-to-day retail operations activities at the retail store location.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Sales Associate Support:
- Motivate and inspire team members to be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and hardworking
- Support SM and team members and provide positive and constructive feedback so that they grow professionally
- Support SM and all team members on work procedures and policies so that everyone understands what's required to do a great job
- Follow written SOPs as changes to policy and/or regulations occur and ensure compliance among team
- Be accessible and extremely responsive to all team member's questions, suggestions, and concerns and help resolve any team member conflicts
- Strong ability to lead by example and work with staff to deal with any circumstances that may arise in a high-volume retail store.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Utilize customer and team member feedback to readily implement changes to improve the customer experience
- Track all employee and store sales daily to ensure optimal performance
Daily Store Operations:
- Maintain store compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, Organize and communicate all required reporting, paperwork, and state tracking system recording
- Assist SM(s) with inventory, sales, and compliance audits
- Perform all daily opening and closing procedures
- Ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked at all times
- Coordinate with management and senior leadership to perform daily/monthly/yearly inventory audits and reconciliations
- Ensure all expired/damaged/returned product is logged and disposed of according to regulations
- Assist in receiving and ensuring that all AGCO/wholesale deliveries are compliant and accurate compared to invoices, etc.
- Provide daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the team members as needed
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosures
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Qualifications and Requirements of an ASM:
- CannSell license from AGCO
- Clean Criminal Background check
- 4-5+ years of retail management experience in retail.
- Possess or Ability to obtain Cannabis Retail Manager License from AGCO by given personal disclosure and details to AGCO within the first month of employment.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience managing in a Unionized environment.
- Sound knowledge of Cannabis plants and different strains of Cannabis
- Knowledge of standards of Cannabis Retail stores set by AGCO.
- Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations pertaining to retail Cannabis is a must!
- Achievement-oriented and hard working
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
- Organized, flexible, and empathetic
- Detail-oriented and proactive
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong communicator who can present ideas clearly
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative, an extremely positive attitude
- Knowledgeable about the cannabis industry and its policies and laws
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends and different locations
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience and learning
- Unlimited bonus earning potential
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To get CannSell license please visit -