Retail Store Manager - Brookdale Centre (Pickering)
Our retail Cannabis Retail Store Manager (SM) is vital to delivering a distinctive shopping experience. The SM is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with the company management and to manage, maintain and supervise day-to-day retail operations activities at the retail store location.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Sales Associate Support:
- Help hire great people, supervise and manage employees and ensure all employees have a valid CannSell license.
- Motivate and inspire team members to be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and hardworking
- Coach team members and provide positive and constructive feedback so that they grow professionally
- Train all team members on work procedures and policies so that everyone understands what's required to do a great job
- Maintain written SOPs as changes to policy and/or regulations occur and ensure compliance among team
- Assist in building a weekly staff schedule that complies with labor policies
- Be accessible and extremely responsive to all team member's questions, suggestions, and concerns and help resolve any team member conflicts
- Achieve high scores on the following measures related to Sales Associate Support - high retention of top talent and high team engagement scores
- Strong ability to lead by example and work with staff to deal with any circumstances that may arise in a high volume retail store.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Own all customer feedback and provide customer/patient complaint resolution in coordination with the head office procedures.
- Provide complaint resolution to ensure satisfaction of all customers and patients
- Utilize customer and team member feedback to readily implement changes to improve the customer experience
- Execute Cannabis selling strategies through collaboration with marketing (operator licensee) related to incentives, displays, internal and external promotion
- Recommend future promotions and ways to increase sales trends by understanding the success of previous incentives and promotions
- View sales reports and communicate with the team to identify sales trends and potential inventory requirements
- Track all employee and store sales daily to ensure optimal performance
- Analyze core metrics to better understand store performance in order to beat and exceed goals
- Utilize approved employee incentives to drive sales and boost morale
- Achieve high scores on the following measures related to Sales and Customer Service - meet or exceed monthly store revenue and gross margin goals and maintain a high score on all social media customer reviews
Daily Store Operations:
- Maintain store compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, Organize and communicate all required reporting, paperwork, and state tracking system recording
- Assist AGCO with inventory, sales, and compliance audits
- Perform all daily opening and closing procedures
- Implement and oversee security, reporting and cash management procedures related to opening and closing the store
- Ability to make schedules for staff and work on creating a sound work environment.
- Be responsible for facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including proper up-keep of the phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock, and supplies.
- Ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked at all times
- Keep track of all expiring products and promote sales as needed
- Coordinate with management and senior leadership to perform daily/monthly/yearly inventory audits and reconciliations
- Ensure all expired/damaged/returned product is logged and disposed of according to regulations
- Assist in receiving and ensuring that all wholesale deliveries are compliant and accurate compared to invoices, etc.
- Provide daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the team members as needed
- Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosures
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Qualifications and Requirements of an SM:
- Reporting and Information Management: must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with process management, team problem solving, and inventory control.
- AGCO CannSell license required along with clean police record check
- 5-6+ years of management experience in retail.
- Have a valid Cannabis Retail Store Manager license or ability to obtain Cannabis Retail Manager License from AGCO by given personal disclosure and details to AGCO.
- Sound knowledge of Cannabis plants and different strains of Cannabis
- Knowledge of standards of Cannabis Retail stores set by AGCO.
- Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations pertaining to retail Cannabis is a must!
- Achievement-oriented and hardworking
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
- Organized, flexible, and empathetic
- Detail-oriented and proactive
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong communicator who can present ideas clearly
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative, an extremely positive attitude
- Knowledgeable about the cannabis industry and its policies and laws
- Ability to work any shift based on business needs, Monday to Sunday
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends and different location
Job Type: Full-time
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience and learning
- Unlimited bonus earning potential
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To get CannSell license please visit -